Thursday, February 5, 2009

What a Happy Boy

Our little guy is just full of fun lately. He smiles and interacts more, and is just so darn fun that his dad and I don't get much done :o). Thanks to Randy who has helped me get a few more naps in, I have caught up a little on my sleep, although I'm still kind of in a fog. Seasoned parents tell me that it never fully goes away . . . but I can always hope. When other parents of children this age say that their child is sleeping through the night, I'm not exactly sure what that means. Is that eight hours? Seven, six? Right now we are getting about five hours, between midnight and 5 a.m. For that stretch he will stay in his cradle, but usually by the time the sun is up at 6:30 or seven, he doesn't want to be in his bed anymore. Wes is such a cuddly little guy, and will always take naps with me. His weight isn't concerning me much anymore, and he rarely if ever needs a supplemental bottle. I think the big difference is that he isn't spitting up like he used to. He has officially grown into his three month clothes--I measured him the other day and he was a little over 22 inches long. He has scooted himself over from his tummy to his back a few times, but he really isn't a fan of tummy time. He has somehow learned to scoot himself around on his back while he's in his cradle--I put him down to sleep in one place and I find him a few hours later in another. I don't really know how the kid does it :o). We are working on transitioning him to his own room to hopefully get his sleep schedule more down pat (as in sleeping in his bed from 9 pm to midnight, instead of in his swing or on mommy's lap) so we have been buying the rest of the furniture we put off purchasing while I was on bed rest and couldn't shop, since we knew we wouldn't need it anyway for a few months. I'll post pictures when everything is set up.

A little Daddy time

Cute little critter

Happy and ready to take Daddy to school this morning

3 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

Oh I wish Brady and I were there to play with you guys! Brady looks at your blog too and smiles at Wesley. In April we will have to have a play date! Anyways, Wesley is adorable! We miss you!

Scribbit said...

Don't you love it when they start to become responsive to you? It makes parenthood even better.

Boyd and Sarise said...

Don't worry, Jake still rarely sleeps longer than 5 hrs at a time. Actually, he still wakes up twice almost every night to eat. Although I know they say most babies at his age are supposed to go 10 hrs at night without eating, but our boy eats best at night. Each has their own little habits/quirks.