Thursday, November 1, 2007

Haunted Critters

Randy and I were looking forward to our first Halloween as a married couple, mostly because we are in a family ward where there are cute little ones who come trick-or-treating. Instead of doing the traditional trick-or-treating though, our ward participated in a tri-ward trunk-or-treat at our ward building. This created a little more concentrated, but a lot safer version for the kids, and we still got to see all the cute costumes. Joe and Mandy joined us for the night--Joe and Randy opting for the "I'm too cool/grown up/not fun" non-costume approach (I got Randy some toy handcuffs and a gun, and he wore his state trooper hat) but Mandy and I were still all about the costumes. I was a woodland fairy, with leaves and tissue-paper wings, and Mandy was a very cute witch. And we both had furry props, who are our little kiddies for now. Max was a very funny, very cute pumpkin, and Che was my little miniature woodland fairy friend. The pets in costumes made us very popular with the little kids, and by the end of the night Max and Che had some new friends.

2 comments:

Boyd and Sarise said...

You are so cute! I love your costume. In a couple weeks our schedule is lightening up a bit. We should get together. We'd love to see your new place, or have you over here if you'd like.

Also, if you are looking for some part time work with very decent pay (for provo), the temple cafeteria has an opening on the lunch shift and one on the dinner shift. They're each about 4 hours. I know it's physical labor, and probably not at all what you're looking for, but I thought I'd let you know.

MandyBJohnson said...

those crazy critters!