Monday, July 21, 2008

It's A . . . Boy!!

So today we got the big news. We had our ultrasound, which was pretty involved since we had it done by first a sonogropher, and then a perinatologist who brought with him a med student intern. The sonogropher thought it was a girl, and even took a cute little bum picture of our little guy and labeled it "girl," (I'm sure that will come back in the form of teasing from his father and/or siblings some day), but he had been making the gender labeling difficult by having his legs crossed the whole time. Finally he opened them up while the perinatologist was checking everything out . . . and he is definitely a boy. I was pretty shocked, but now I'm excited to have a little Randy-let running around our house. Plus he will have a little boy cousin a month older than him (my cousin Sarise is expecting in October), not to mention little Sammy and Henry who won't be too far off in age. If Mandy finds out she is having a boy, we will be on our way to a little Johnson baseball team!

We feel very blessed because so far my health has been better than I could have expected and the baby is by all signs a perfect little guy. I was a little nervous before I got pregnant, not knowing how my body would react to such big changes, whether or not my arthritis would be a big problem. But our Heavenly Father has really looked after Baby Boy and me--I've only had one real day where my arthritis flared up, and it resolved itself without my having to take medicine for it. Our baby is a feisty little guy, and seems to take after his daddy so far. He doesn't like to go to sleep at night, but decides to start kicking and doing gymnastics right when I am about to drift off. Boys!!

7 comments:

Krystal Downs said...

AHHH!!!! Alicia I am so excited for you. Of course I am very biased towards girls just because I grew up with them but boys have their own speical quirks...
Congrats and keep me posted!!!

Krystal Downs said...

AHHH!!! I am so excited for you and Randy. Of course I am biased towards girls having grown up with them but boys are very special as well, as we both know....
Congrats and keep me posted.
I love you!

Megan said...

Congrats!!
Hmm, a little "Randy-let," huh? The thought is intriguing, endearing, and a little worrisome...Oh well, I'll probably still be in the neighborhood to teach the little tyke all sorts of shocking things to say. I'm really good at that.. ask my sisters.

Robyn said...

Congratulations! This little guy better grow up loving chick flicks and knitting, though.

Melissa said...

oh congrats you two!!!

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

We are going to have so much fun! our little boys will be best buds...I can't wait til they are here to see eachother for the first time!

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

We are going to have so much fun! our little boys will be best buds...I can't wait til they are here to see eachother for the first time!