Friday, July 11, 2008

Pink and White Basketweave Scarf

I have been waiting to find out whether we are having a boy baby or a girl baby before I start in on any big projects, but I needed something to keep me occupied in the meantime. So I looked through all my leftover yarn and decided to make a scarf. And here is the end result. I don't need any more scarfs, so I'll put this one away to give as a gift this fall/winter. Who knows, maybe it will eventually end up on Etsy if I can't figure out who to give it to :o). Now the hard part comes . . . waiting until a week from Monday when we finally get the big news! I'm going to have to find some small projects to keep me busy until then. I have some fabric to make into a receiving blanket and some burp rags, so that will last me one or two days. I saw some really cute ideas on Melissa's (an old roommate) blog that I would like to try . . . we'll just have to see if I can find some inexpensive supplies . . . I especially want to make the cloth sandwich baggies, the crayon case, and the shopping bag.

2 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

you are so talented! I wish I knew how to do that! I cant wait to find out if I will be getting a neice or nephew! My vote is that your baby is a girl! We will see if I'm right! I miss you!

Casey said...

I love the crayon pouch and sandwich baggie idea. Maybe I can whip something together for the long car ride coming up.

Your scarf is beautiful. I'm hoping your expertise rubs off on me. :)

Thanks for sharing!