Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Noodle Bath



Thanks to +Lindsay Brems and her idea published on her blog "A Teacher Mom" (link at the bottom), I decided it was time we gave the boys a noodle bath. I had no idea how much pasta it would take or what I was getting myself into, but the thought of seeing them squish around in a tub of noodles was worth the try. So I cooked up 10 lbs (dry) of spaghetti and dumped it in the tub. It took the little one a little time to relax, but once they spent a couple minutes with their dad dumping noodles on their head they had the best time and didn't want to come out for over an hour. The whole thing stressed +Alicia Johnson out, but I thought it was just great. I have the maturity of a five year old so I was tempted to jump in myself until the little one urinated. The temptation went away.

Things that didn't surprise me
It was a lot of fun for the boys, more than I've seen them have for a while and we do fun stuff.
It made for some fun pictures and videos.

Things that did surprise me
It was a lot of work to cook up that much pasta. We have a big pot, but it still took forever.
It was a lot of work to clean up. I didn't think much beyond "put boys in pasta".
It was cheaper than I thought it would be. Ten 1-pound bags did the trick and the whole thing cost less than $9.
It was difficult to get pictures and especially videos that were peenie-free.

All in all, it was a great time and I'm glad we did it. It was hilarious watching them chuck pasta on each other for an hour. They just loved holding, squishing, and experiencing the noodles. Thanks for the idea, Lindsay.

link-- http://www.ateachermom.com/2012/07/09/messy-challenge-give-in-to-some-dirty-fun/

It's a great blog on teaching your kids, check it out

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Somehow I hadn't seen any of your recent posts...all so cute. But holy cow, this looks AWESOME! I wish I was a little kid so I could have a noodle bath...

Andrea said...

I have been looking for activities to do inside lately, since it is so hot. I commend you on this one. That would have taken a lot of work.