Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Baby Blues

I haven't been blogging for a long time. I was talking to my sister in-law a while back, and I admitted to her that I'd been hiding a bit. I had been a bit wobbly since giving birth to Fredrick--nothing dramatic, just wanting to stay in my pajamas all day and eat lots of chocolate mostly. Finally it came to a crisis point for me where I knew I didn't want to live like that anymore. I hadn't lost the baby weight, I felt sluggish, and I was just disappointed with how I was treating myself. So as cheesy as it may sound, I turned to my faith to make a life change. Faith not as in Ecumenical organization, but faith as in the concept that with divine help people can alter their circumstances. That we can overcome habits or ways of life, even ruts of depression. Because change is hard! And my yoga pants and over-sized sweatshirts were really comfortable. And I like chocolate.

So after six weeks, I am back. I exercise and hour a day, I have been watching my calories with an android ap, but those are just the outward manifestations of the real change. I'm not hiding out in my sweats anymore. I have been organizing play dates with girls from church. I am more proactive with my family. I am more at peace with myself and who/what I am. And most of all, I know that (with help) I can change.

I have a lot of catching up to do, and I am well aware that pretty much no one else cares about what we have been doing since March. But I would like to keep this family record for us to look back on, and the fun/hard/crazy/wonderful times we have experienced.

Oh, and a small shout out to Tracy Anderson and her crazy Metamorphosis workout dvd's. So far I've lost a total of 7 inches and 8 pounds. I had absolutely no muscle mass after two rounds of bed rest and two c-sections, so I didn't lose any weight for awhile as I gained muscle back while losing fat. The metamorphosis program is 90 days of workouts, which I will end in mid January. I'll let you know what the final tally is at the end!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I care about what you have been doing since March! Also, great job with the workouts! I should try that program out. I have lost the lbs, but the skin and inches are still there. I need to do something about it.

Leith said...

I also care!!! And, you are not alone in the way you've been feeling. I've also had a little heart to heart with myself recently and have been trying to push myself into some sort of action. I did a 10 day juice cleanse. I lost 10lbs, I cured my sugar addiction and have been able to sleep through the night (baby permitting) for the first time in about 7 years. Its a long slow road, but we're doing it my friend. I'm high fiving you right now.

Casey said...

I'm glad you are updating again. I've been wondering how you guys are doing and what you are up to. Great job with the workouts! I have a hard time staying motivated to do anything long term. It's something I need to work on.