Thursday, November 24, 2011

First haircut

Tonight, after all the food was made and enjoyed and put away (Wesley even got to help Papa with the crazy after dinner dishes, much to his delight) the rest of the family finally convinced me it was time for Fredrick's curls to go. I don't know why I have been so attached to them. Perhaps because it was a little bit of me that was passed on (Wes is such a mini Daddy, other than his smile). Mostly I think I was hesitant to see another reminder of his babyhood passing. While be will always be my baby, this little walking man is on to toddler land and a baby no more.


Grandma did the honors and did a great job. I'll have to post some "after" pictures another time because after it was all done there was no way he was holding still for a photo!


On a different note, Thanksgiving was really fun this year. On top of the familiar traditions I always look forward to at the Weatherspoon house, this year my cousin Joe and his cute wife Sarah came with their adorable kids who are just the age of our kids. Rock and Wesley had so much fun together, it was cute to see them running around giggling together! We are so glad they moved close by so we can get to know them better.


This year I am thankful for my family, immediate and they ones scattered everywhere. And for those friends far away who always feel like family to me as well.  I am thankful for my husband who works so hard at a difficult job he doesn't particularly like in order for us to be as comfortable as we are. Even tho things are tight while he finishes up school, we have amazing benefits that are such a blessing. I am grateful for my faith and testimony and my parents who taught and loved me so well. I am grateful for my good health, that in spite of tiny flare ups from time to time my auto immune stuff has been in remission for awhile. I am grateful to be living here in Salem close to my parents. I am grateful for hugs and sticky kisses and all the cute funny things my boys do every day.


Life is good.


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments: