Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Ornaments 2011

Every year since LeGrand and I were married we have picked out a new ornament for the tree. Our first year we got these cute snowman snow globe ornaments, but most years we went to Hallmark to pick one out. Well this year is a little leaner than most because LeGrand is back in school full time, meaning he can only work part time. So this afternoon Wesley helped me make some ornaments for this year! I got a recipe for cinnamon dough off Pinterest and we went to town making tiny gingerbread men, snowmen, and angels. It smells amazing! It will be fun to look back on these ornaments in "fatter" years and remember how we improvised. My parents still have some of those improvised ornaments from early years of their marriage, and they are some of my favorite. We are so blessed right now to be able to make this whole school thing work, and I'm so proud of my genious husband who is rocking his accounting classes!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

2 comments:

Joe and Mandy Johnson said...

Those are so cute! I wish we could come make them with you! I have been asking Joe if we can come visit you guys, stupid money gets in the way. Once we both are rich we need to visit twice a month at least!

Leith said...

You are so creative! I can't believe how big your boys are getting. I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE POSTING AGAIN. (yes I was shouting that.)