Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Victory!! Ok, So a Small One . . .

So, I have mentioned before that I am no seamstress. I enjoy sewing up to the point where I get really frustrated and have to call my mom in tears. She is an amazing seamstress--don't let her tell you otherwise--and made me these adorable dresses when I was a little girl. It is a talent I am trying to develop, but it is hard when I have fifteen minute blocks between baby/laundry/picking Randy up from school/preparing meals/baby . . . so this has taken me way longer than it should have. I won't even admit to how long. Suffice it to say, this is a very late present.

I made this apron and one to match--finished it fifteen minutes ago at 12:25 a.m.--to fulfill my goal for today. All I have left is some embroidery on the front and it will be mailed off to its long-overdue recipient.

My dishes didn't get done, but one victory is enough for today.

Does anyone have advice for a beginning seamstress? What are some easy projects you would suggest to get me over my intimidation of the whole process? The pattern I used had the word "Dummies" in the title . . . if that gives you any indication of my skill level . . .
Post a Comment